Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 broke Airplay for 1st gen Airport Express A1084

I had an Airport Express A1084 connected to my HIFI equipment only used for music streaming. It´s connected to my wired network and wireless is disabled. It has been working perfectly for years, but after upgrading my iPhone to IOS 9, airplay starts playing but stops after some seconds. My other devices (Macs with El Capitan and an iPad 2 running IOS 8) are still able to play music through my AE, so I discarded a hardware problem.

Is this a known issue? Is there any workaround? The device is working fine and is a pain to replace it just for a software upgrade. 😟

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 10:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 6:19 PM in response to shagui79

after upgrading my iPhone to IOS 9, airplay starts playing but stops after some seconds.

Then, you have an iOS 9 issue, not an AirPort Express issue.....since nothing changed on the Airport Express and your other devices continue to work correctly with the AirPort.

Please post in the iPhone support area to see if the iOS / iPhone experts have any suggestions for you. The forum link is just below:

Using iPhone

IOS 9 broke Airplay for 1st gen Airport Express A1084

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.