Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing after apple logo

Very new to this, so please bear with me.

Yesterday morning I woke up to my phones screen completely smashed. I'm not entirely certain what happened, but it was pretty bad. I have a 6S plus (16GB). My first thought was to just get a screen replacement, but after trying to boot my phone up, I realized that no matter what I do, it will only display the Apple Logo with the pretty white screen and then nothing, the screen is visibly lit (I can sorta see the backlight) after the logo disappears, and it'll just sit there (I've tested if for about an hour.) and just let it sit.

I've been googling for the better part of a day trying to discern if it's even worth trying to get this phone fixed, it seems like a lost cause. As of now, I've attempted to reboot it using itunes, allowed it to sit on a charger for about an hour: powered off, let it sit powered off all night and even attempted a total factory reset using itunes. None of this has made a difference.

Please help!

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 10:18 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 10:38 AM in response to Elakah

The most likely cause for this is still "bad LCD" which is solved with a screen replacement. Specifically, within the damaged LCD itself is a broken image data line. The image and backlight lines are separate, so you can have one break without the other. Your best option for that right now is Apple.
I would take this phone to Apple for a screen replacement service and see if that solves. If not, come back and post for other ideas.

Feb 12, 2016 11:27 AM in response to love repair

I understand what you think I mean when I say there is "no image" after the apple logo. I get the Apple Logo perfectly clear - I can see the obvious cracks in my screen where the glass broke, but other than that the image is perfect. There isn't even any bleeding on the LCD like you'd see on a lot of cracked screens.

My issue is that past the apple logo it's as if my phone just stops working. I'll attach some images to show you what I mean.

User uploaded file

That is where I get stuck when trying to restore my phone using itunes. When I just boot it up normally, I get the regular apple logo then just a black screen with visible back-light and that's where it stays for as many hours as I have left it sitting. (about 4 in that state).

Given all that info, you still think it's just the Display?

Nothing after apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.