Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro won´t boot without charger plugged in and won´t detected the battery

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my Macbook pro (late 2011).

The Mac won´t start if the Charger isn´t plugged (the mac start automatically after i plugged the charge in, the Power button doesn´t have a effect)

and the mac doesn´t recognize the battery it say : no battery available

I have changed the battery but it doesn´t seem to be a battery problem i think theres is something wrong with the mainboard, but i need to be sure i need my mac for school and can´t just bring it to the repair for two weeks

so is there a way that i can be sure it´s a mainboard problem (and wich) or something else

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 10:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Criuh

Reset the SMC

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Otherwise open your computer up and make sure everything is connected properly. There is a chance you got the wrong battery, or that the battery isn't plugged in all the way.

Recently replaced a battery on a 13 inch MacBook Air and it said it was damaged after 12 cycles. Opened the computer up and reconnected the battery (and cleaned out dust) and then it worked normally again.

Feb 12, 2016 11:23 AM in response to Criuh

It sounds like your battery is the issue.

MacBooks are fussy on after market batteries.

Did you get your battery from Apple?

Some other batteries that will work are:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Apple/Laptop/Batteries

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966 %2Cn%3A3011391011%2Cn%3A720576%2Ck%3Amac…

Here is a tech note with some information. About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

Macbook pro won´t boot without charger plugged in and won´t detected the battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.