Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie in El Capitan

No longer can go from iMovie to iDVD on export. How do you burn iMovie to a DVD?

iMovie '11, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:03 PM

Share your movie to your desktop as a File. You will now have an Mp4 movie. Open iDVD, click on the + button in the lower left of

the screen. Click on Add Movie. A link button will pop up on the iDVD screen. Drag your movie into that movie link.

6 replies

Feb 16, 2016 3:19 PM in response to st pete ray

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

If you are using El Capitan see this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7251191

Feb 16, 2016 4:39 PM in response to st pete ray

I have iDVD version 7.1.2. Below is what my screen looks like, with the + sign in the lower left of the screen.

User uploaded file

I am able to click on the plus sign and click on Add Movie in the resulting drop down menu, and then drag an Mp4 movie from my desktop into the resulting movie link that appears on the screen. Perhaps in your version, the + sign is located somewhere else. If you don't have the + sign, you could try clicking on Add Movie from the Project menu at the top of your screen and see if you get a movie link into which you an drag your movie. Otherwise, importing from the File menu, or dragging your movie into the edge of the screen, taking care to avoid a drop zone, are the only other options that I can think of, short of getting a different version of iDVD.

Feb 17, 2016 11:11 AM in response to Rich839

Klaus1 and Rich839

Appreciate you both looking at this problem. Rich 839, I did follow your instructions and found where I hadn't gone far enough to get the screen with the "+" sign. However, I did drag the video into the iDVD project and when it played, the audio was fine but no video. Can't figure that one. Klaus1, how did you export from iMovie? I just see import functions.

Thanks

iMovie in El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.