Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I change the layout to have have two pages running down parallel like a book or magazine?

How can I layout my pages parallel columns, like a book or a magazine as in the picture below?User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 10:24 PM

This “facing pages” capability was never implemented in any release of Pages v5 (including the current v5.6.1). It is available in the previous Pages '09 v4.3, the free LibreOffice, and Mellel for Mac.

9 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:30 AM in response to nicholettefromnottingham

Hi Nicholette,

is it possible to get the previous version of pages

Pages '09 may be on your machine. In Finder, open the Applications Folder. Pages 5 is in that folder. Look for a sub-folder named iWork '09. Drag that Pages '09 icon to the Dock.

User uploaded file

Both versions of Pages will run happily together. Just be sure which version you launch.

Here is a Screen Shot of both Pages versions on my Dock.

User uploaded file

Pages '09 (ink bottle) on the left.

Pages 5 (orange header) on the right.

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Feb 13, 2016 3:18 AM in response to nicholettefromnottingham

The terms of use for the Apple Support Communities excludes product speculation, and as we are user-to-user volunteers, have no knowledge of Apple product plans anyway. Apple has released 10 minor updates to Pages v5 since 10/2013, and a remarkable quanta of important functionality remains absent. There is your product commitment message.

Until 2016, Amazon directly offered the retail iWork '09 DVD which contains Pages '09, Numbers '09, and Keynote '09. Now, Amazon (including Amazon UK) still have the iWork '09 DVD product page, but defer pricing and sales to a swarm of third-party resellers that make it difficult to authenticate that any will offer a timely order fullfillment of the retail iWork '09 DVD, or the absolutely worthless trial DVD. I have stopped recommending Amazon for this product. It may be on Ebay, with my same concern.

how can I change the layout to have have two pages running down parallel like a book or magazine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.