Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iphone6, screen is fine but motherboard isn't i was told..need help/guidance, pleaseee :/

The local Robotnik store says the motherboard is broke.

So a 7-800 dollar phone falls from aprrox 3ft, screen doesn't brake but the motherboard does?

So basically i paid almost a $1000 for a sickening inferior quality product?

Apart from that my main issue is I NEED MY PICTURES OF MY SON that are on it but it wont turn on and my PC wont recognize it.

Called local Apple Store and they said they don't retrieve data and gave me a contact to call.

Quote i got from that place said they might be able to retrieve my photos was $1200!!! W.T.F.!

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 12:02 PM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2016 2:40 PM in response to FlipSideTrippin

FlipSideTrippin wrote:

iCloud was full last 2 months :/

Well, then you either needed to buy more space, or backed up to your computer with iTunes. Photo's should also always be archived somewhere other than the device. Bottom line is if your data was important to you, then the only one who's ever going to take responsibility for securing it and backing it up is you.

Backups are an essential and necessary fact of life with all electronic storage devices. At least, if the data matters to you and you cannot afford to loose it.

Feb 12, 2016 9:59 PM in response to FlipSideTrippin

There are some great mail-in repair places that do data recovery on iOS devices for a fraction of that quote. We can't link you here, but you can find these businesses by looking on YouTube for examples of people that are able to do microsoldering on iPhone logic boards. You will find them.

You're right. The likelihood of a motherboard failure from a small drop is very low. This means your board has a really good chance at recovery in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing.

Feb 13, 2016 8:04 AM in response to FlipSideTrippin

FlipSideTrippin wrote:

iCloud was full last 2 months :/

And if your iPhone had been lost or stolen instead of simply damaged, then what would you have done about the loss of those 'important pictures of your son'?

Why didn't you back your iPhone up to iTunes? How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Why didn't you import them to your computer (doesn't require iTunes)? Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Why didn't you go to a photo kiosk in virtually any grocery store, convenience store, general goods store and print out the pictures or transfer them to a CD for archiving, or any of the other dozens of things people do when they take pictures with a digital camera?

Why did you upload them to another storage location online? Flickr, Google Photos, Photobucket, etc.

There is no excuse for not having an archive of 'important' photos or even other documents.

Feb 13, 2016 8:17 AM in response to love repair

Perhaps if you insist of continuing to provide recommendations to see out unauthorized third-party services, you should also add the following caveat:

"WARNING: Using any unauthorized service options can and likely will void any and all Apple service or support options in the future. While there may be skilled individuals out there, if Apple doesn't authorize them for that service, then Apple has the right under the terms & conditions of the hardware warranty and software license to refuse any future support. In short, use these unauthorized third-party services at your own sole risk."

Feb 13, 2016 12:01 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

Perhaps if you insist of continuing to provide recommendations to see out unauthorized third-party services, you should also add the following caveat:

"WARNING: Using any unauthorized service options can and likely will void any and all Apple service or support options in the future. While there may be skilled individuals out there, if Apple doesn't authorize them for that service, then Apple has the right under the terms & conditions of the hardware warranty and software license to refuse any future support. In short, use these unauthorized third-party services at your own sole risk."

sounds reasonable, will do.

Dropped iphone6, screen is fine but motherboard isn't i was told..need help/guidance, pleaseee :/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.