Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gen 4 corner buttons becoming stuck?

I have an iPad Mini 4 and recently noticed the corner buttons (volume and sleep) have become squishy with almost no movement or pop left in them. It makes me concerned that the contacts will start causing glitches as though the buttons are stuck down. It also requires more pressure to use them, than when it was new.

To my knowledge there has never been any liquid in contact with these buttons. I keep the iPad in a Belkin folio case at all times.

Is this a good warranty issue? Are people starting to notice the buttons getting stuck?

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 4:41 PM in response to ArundelDesigns

Are these symptoms with the unit inside the case? If so, take it out of the case and test. If these is no problem with the device NOT in the case, then the problem is the case pressing on the buttons incorrectly.

If the problem occurs with the device outside of the case, take it in to an Apple Store immediately. They will evaluate the device and likely supply you with a replacement as iPads are not serviced at an Apple Store. Be sure to make a backup of the device using iTunes (using a Mac/PC) or an iCloud backup on the device itself. This will make setting up the replacement device easiier. Also backup any photos & media.

Gen 4 corner buttons becoming stuck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.