Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PrivilegedHelperTools, LaunchAgents & LaunchDaemons

Should I delete all PrivilegedHelperTools, LaunchAgents & LaunchDaemons? Or are there any that are not a threat and necessary? Such as starting with com.adobe, com.apple, and com.google? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 12:48 PM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2016 1:04 PM in response to mtclemons

You should not delete these items they sound like they could be core parts of the OS that you have no business deleting.

If you could delete them (the OS could prevent that mistake) you may find the Mac may not boot.

The third party jobs (Google, Adobe…) probably help the installed apps stay up to date - this is crucial for security.

If you have an issue, please explain the symptoms.

If you want to show what is running on your Mac post the output of Etrecheck…

http://etresoft.com/

It will list third party background jobs & some Apple jobs too, check it for personal info if you post it's output here, it does try to remove personal info.

Feb 12, 2016 1:27 PM in response to Linc Davis

You're a stranger on a website too. Does that mean people shouldn't take the advice YOU offer? I mean, for all they know, you're sending them on a wild goose chase. They don't know you from a hole in the wall.

I think the intelligent thing people should do is assume that if we're posting here helping people, we're not telling them to do something they shouldn't or something that will harm their computers. Why would you lie about people like that, people you don't even know?

Feb 12, 2016 2:18 PM in response to mtclemons

See Apple's note on that…

About incompatible software on your Mac - Apple Support

It means you had installed that junk before you upgraded.

Linc's advice is true, strangers on the internet may not be friendly, it also includes the commands he posts here to help others - it's a difficult balance to manage.

If you want 'safe' help take your Mac to an Apple store, you seem to be installing malicious software on multiple occasions, so it might be time for a check up.

PrivilegedHelperTools, LaunchAgents & LaunchDaemons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.