Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi goes off and I can't bring it back on unless I shut down and start again the laptop

I have upgraded my macbook to el capitan and after updating to the latest version 10.11.3 on 27 Jan 2016, I have problem connecting to the wifi!

My laptop is a macbook pro from mid 2010 with sad and

After a while surfing, wifi goes off and I can't bring it back on, no matter what. It's not a problem of not seeing my router, no wifi routers are detected.

The amount of time I stay connected varies each time, from upon starting to after 1 hour or so, by not doing anything in particular, surfing the web, looking stuff on finder etc.

Only after shutting down and starting it again it works, again for a while.

I have tried everything, I think!

Reset pram and sac, Removed plist files from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, turned bluetooth on and off, ran kext/disk utilities, created new location in wifi settings and everything else I've found online for wifi issues.

It was working ok for almost a month under el capitan.

Only thing I haven't tried so far is reinstalling the OS.

Can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:09 PM

There are no replies.

Wifi goes off and I can't bring it back on unless I shut down and start again the laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.