Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split View not working on 15" rMBP

Can anyone out there give me some knowledge over why Split View has stopped working? 😮 (It used to work before version 2.0.4 of El Capitan)

This is really useful and I really need it working again. I tried rebooting, trying it with Mail; Chrome; Activity Monitor & Notes. I know how to activate it, just hold the ➕ button in the top left corner (If in fullscreen). If you need any activity logs or anything let me know 😁. Please help, Will.

All details (No personal details ie. Serial number)MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:28 PM

For general information about Split View, see these support articles:

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View

Focus on apps in full screen or Split View

Please note the following points:

1. If some apps open in Split View and others don't, the latter need to be updated by their developers to support it. If an app doesn't support full-screen mode, it also doesn't support Split View.

2. If no apps open in Split View, follow the instructions in the first support article linked above to enable "Displays have separate spaces."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 2:28 PM in response to Willsticles66

For general information about Split View, see these support articles:

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View

Focus on apps in full screen or Split View

Please note the following points:

1. If some apps open in Split View and others don't, the latter need to be updated by their developers to support it. If an app doesn't support full-screen mode, it also doesn't support Split View.

2. If no apps open in Split View, follow the instructions in the first support article linked above to enable "Displays have separate spaces."

Feb 12, 2016 3:43 PM in response to Willsticles66

Willsticles66 wrote:

Can anyone out there give me some knowledge over why Split View has stopped working? 😮 (It used to work before version 2.0.4 of El Capitan)

What do you mean by version 2.0.4? El Capitan is 10.11. Current version is 10.11.3.

... I know how to activate it, just hold the button in the top left corner (If in fullscreen). ...

Actually you do this when NOT in full screen.

Split View not working on 15" rMBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.