Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to iMessage on my iPad

Hello,

I'm currently having trouble with iMessage on my iPad 2 running iOS 9.2.1. iMessage used to work seamlessly before a couple of week ago, when it asked me to enter my Apple ID. Since then, I have not been able to connect again to iMessage on my iPad. The attempt lasts a couple of minutes, then tells me the iMessage server could not be reached. iMessage works well on my iPhone and MacBook, though.

The thing I have tried are :

• restoring my iPad --> No change
  • Reset network settings --> no change
  • Log out of iCloud and log in again --> No change
  • use another Apple ID for iMessage --> I succeed to connect to that Apple ID. I then tried my usual ID, connection succeeded, but 5 minutes later, Messages asked for my ID again, and since then I have not been able to connect to either account.
  • I checked if time setting was on Automatic --> it already was

I'm running out of ideas to try and make iMessage run again on my iPad, and I'm looking for people with a similar problem (or even better, a solution).

Can someone help me please?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:47 PM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 3:49 AM in response to razmee209

Thanks, but I have already read this page, and none of the mentioned procedures worked. I also phoned Apple Support, but they were not able to help me...

What I don't understand is that everything works fine on my Mac and my iPhone, but not on iPad.

A little precision, yesterday evening I succeeded connection to iMessage on the iPad. I thought it was solved, until I rebooted it... It lost the connection, and I can't connect it again.

Can't connect to iMessage on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.