Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find Library Folder and transfer file from iTunes

I thought I downloaded a mp3 audio file to the library folder, but I don't know how to find the library folder to check. When I enter library in FINDER, nothing shows appears. Also, I downloaded this mp3 audio file into iTunes, but I don't see a way to save it on my computer except for export to library.

MacBook, OS 10.10.3

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:38 PM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:00 AM in response to cnovice

cnovice wrote:

I thought I downloaded a mp3 audio file to the library folder, but I don't know how to find the library folder to check. When I enter library in FINDER, nothing shows appears. Also, I downloaded this mp3 audio file into iTunes, but I don't see a way to save it on my computer except for export to library.

Cnovice,

Downloading a file to your iTunes folder does not cause it to be added to the iTunes library.

To make sure everything is happening correctly, do as follows:

1. Close iTunes.
  2. Download the file to your computer and be careful to make sure you know where it is. Assuming you are doing the download with a browser, it should let you choose where to place the file, e.g. on your desktop.
  3. After the download competes, look at the file in Finder and make sure it is actually an MP3 and is the normal size for an audio file. (Do not skip this step; many sites that claim to be downloading MP3s are not.)
  4. Open iTunes.
  5. Drag the MP3 file into the open iTunes window.

When I enter library in FINDER, nothing shows appears.

Enter "itunes." iTunes does not normally have a folder named "library."

How to find Library Folder and transfer file from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.