Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone randomly takes photos as gray boxes

PROBLEM: I have an iPhone 6 that is updated to the latest OS. For the 3 months, my iPhone has been occasionally taking pictures as gray boxes. The thumbnail shoes up but when I go to review the photo, the photo is fuzzy and it turns into a gray box. The same thing happens when I try opening the same photo on my Macbook. The image attributes reveal that the image is only 16KB in size. I can't attach the corrupted photo file to this thread but here's how it looks like on my Macbook:

User uploaded file

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

-I had my iPhone screen repaired at the apple store 2-3 weeks ago and the rep ran diagnostics on my iPhone because I told him it was more laggy recently. He stated that diagnostics was normal. He reset my iPhone just in case.

-The lag disappeared after restoring and updating my iPhone but this photo corruption issue has persisted.

I thought storage was an issue but I still have 1.5 GB of free space left.

HENCE:

What is causing my iPhone photos to become corrupted? It doesn't happen all the time but when it happens, it is highly inconvenient. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:33 PM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2016 1:31 PM in response to jexxy

Bump.

Now my iPhone is stuck in a cycle between the Apple logo on a white background and a loading circle on the black background and now, it will not start up... this has been going on for the past 1-2 hours.

This has happened once before, 1 month ago. During the previous episode, the iPhone resumed its normal function after an hour or so of re-loading over and over.

iPhone randomly takes photos as gray boxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.