Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Center Stage Theme No Longer Working?

I've been using the iDVD theme called Center Stage (7.0 Themes) as it has become virtually our video unit's DVD default theme for some time. However, it appears since my recent upgrade to El Capitan, this particular theme no longer works. I can see the titles still work but the drop zone box that appears on the right side of the screen is missing along with the "spotlight" background. If I open up an existing project that used this theme, its the same. If I open up a brand new project and try to use the Center Stage theme, same results.

All my other themes work fine -- 7.0 Themes and back. To try and remedy this, I have deleted and re-installed the program using my iLife 9.0 disc as well as deleting Application Support Themes and other associated files in my home Library. When I do look in my ~/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Installed Themes folder, I can see folders for themes iDVD 1 - 6 but not iDVD 7. So I went another Mac and copied the iDVD 7 folder and placed into the same folder but nothing changed (BTW, its the same version of iDVD on the other Mac.) When I click on the "Show the DVD Map" button in iDVD, it shows the little drop zone but it does not appear in the menu.

I have gone into iDVD's Preferences/Advanced tab and looking at "Look for my themes n these folders" I can see "/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes" is highlighted (and I cannot remove it.) I have drilled into my /Library/Application Support/DVD/Themes and sure enough, the iDVD 7 theme folder is there and in it, the CenterStage.theme files.

Finally, I have MBP laptop with El Capitan installed and the Center Stage theme is alive and well on it. So I'm baffled. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 1 TB Drive, 20 GB Memory

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:23 PM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2017 4:07 PM in response to Old Toad

I also have this same issue. I have had iDVD loaded since before I had upgraded to El Capitan and now Sierra. I know it used to display the right drop box zones previously for the theme "Center Stage" because I have a DVD burned that I can see how it suppose to look like. But my saved file does't show those drop zones anymore. Also, when in the scene selection pages, they are not visible in my saved file. But if I click randomly in the black screen, it will pick one of the "hidden" scenes that I had already there.

Also, I am not sure what a "launching agent" is. I only use iDVD on my iMac.

Feb 4, 2017 8:58 AM in response to kkkttt

About your suggestion with Mavericks for this to work correctly, how do you do this and still have Sierra? Sorry, I don't quite understand what to do.

And, is there another comparable DVD creating software that is close to how iDVD is set up?

I have a partition with Mavericks installed on it and run it when I want to use iDVD and iMovie 6 HD.

There are no comparable video DVD authoring apps. However, there are some simpler apps, i.e. one or two themes, that work very well that are available from the App Store. Several have free versions which you can try and then have pay for versions that have more features.

Feb 13, 2016 9:43 AM in response to Albeer

Yes, that and a couple of other newer themes are no longer compatible with El Capitan. The only fix is to create a boot volume with an earlier system, I use Mavericks, and boot into that when you want to work with iDVD. Mavericks also supports iMovie 6 HD which is the best iMovie version for working with iDVD and having multiple audio tracks in a slideshow.

Feb 15, 2016 9:55 AM in response to Old Toad

As mentioned in my original post, I have iDVD on a MacBook Pro laptop that is running El Capitan and the Center Stage theme works perfectly fine. However, when I checked another Mac Pro that is running El Capitan it too has the same problem with Center Stage. I also found that the Center Stage theme stopped working on an iMac running El Capitan as well. So its a mystery...

Center Stage Theme No Longer Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.