Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 updates will not work on mid 2014 iMac

I have deleted and reinstalled a boot camp partition and installed Windows 10 on it twice and had the same issue both times. Everything works just fine except the Windows updates. I get the error message "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80244019)"

I have installed it on a MacBook Air and a MacBook pro and the updates worked fine on both. I have tried every solution that I can find and nothing works. Does anyone know if that model of iMac is not compatible with Windows 10?

Thanks.

iMac, Windows 10, iMac is running El Capitan

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:58 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2016 4:37 PM in response to haussermannh

2014 iMacs are supported for W10. Your specific error code shows

0x80244019 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND Same as HTTP status 404 - the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier)

based on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938205 .

This indicates that you either have DNS issues, or network issues. Are you using a wireless connection? If yes, try a wired network connection.

Windows 10 updates will not work on mid 2014 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.