Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching BluRay 3D via Airplay

iMac 5k 27 Summer 2015, latest update on all software

ATV 3

Panasonic UJ-265 USB 3.0 BD-R

Epson 6600W, ELPGS03 shutter glasses, polarized 3D-glasses as well

Mac Bluray Player unregistered

Hi, I have some trouble getting Bluray 3D experience in the configuration described above. For example, I played Mad Max Fury Road 3D and Shrek 4 3D with Mac Bluray player and streamed it via ATV3 (LAN, not wireless) on the Epson 6600W. The result seemed 2D on the Mac screen, the 6600W reported "No 3D signal".

Would I need another DiscReader instead of the UJ-265, another software to play the discs or anything else?

I tried some 3D clips from youtube via airplay and it worked pretty well with the ATV3, the 6600W and the shutter glasses. The pictures actually left the second dimension and entered the living room. I expected some experience like this when playing the movies mentioned above or any disc that is marked "3D". Am I wrong with these expectations?

Thank you very much in advance for any hint.

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:56 PM

Many studios prevent the ability to AirPlay via the DRM protection on the DVD/Bluray disc...

8 replies

Feb 13, 2016 7:45 AM in response to Horven Gellantara

I do know that the VLC player will play Bluray and DVD amongst other formats as well. VLC pretty much plays everything. This link may help. http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-can-i-watch-3d-movie-vlc-media-player

though I have not used i personally, 5kplayer is supposed to be great but there are other softwares as well. http://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/how-to-watch-3d-movies-on- mac.htm

Watching BluRay 3D via Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.