Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan clients / Mavericks server

Hi -

The server environment at my company is Mavericks/10.9.5. We've been holding at this OS version to retain some web facing reports for our customers that aren't supported in later versions (relates to Filemaker's Instant Web Publishing).

We recently purchased a couple of newer laptops that shipped with El Capitan/10.11. All has gone OK except for our OS X Server Calendar service that's hosted on the Mavericks server. Basic problem is that users can't add invitees (fellow employees and server account holders) to events. I imagine this is just the tip of the iceberg and that there will be numerous other issues related to Users/Groups/Open Directory.

Is there any way to remedy this? I had hoped that the newer OS would be "backward compatible" and talk to our older server fine...

Thanks...

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:13 PM

There are no replies.

El Capitan clients / Mavericks server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.