Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari problem

When I try to access a banking function, I get a message that I am using an old version of Safari ( it is 5.1.7) and I can't perform the function. The banking site does not let me access the next page. When I check for Safari updates, no updates are needed. I have Mac OS X 10.6.8. I also tried to update my profile after logging in with my apple id since I didn't see my Mac listed under the devices. I received the same message that I was using an old version of Safari and needed to update. Any help greatly appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:51 PM

Open the Software Update pane of System Preferences and install all security updates which appear. If you still get that message, you need to upgrade the computer’s OS or switch to a product such as Firefox.

(139475)

4 replies

Safari problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.