Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S has been having Wi-Fi issues and now I can't enable Wi-Fi anymore. Please help me fix this!

My iPhone 4S started out not detecting WiFi signals. I fixed that by removing the SIM card but after a while it didn't detect any at all and kept scanning. I tried typing the Wi-Fi details in the Other section but it didn't work. It said "Could not scan for wireless networks.". I restarted it because that fixed the problem after the SIM card removing and now I can't turn on Wi-Fi. I need Wi-Fi so please help me!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 12:17 AM

Have a certified tech have a look at it...

But it sounds to me - I've seem similar symptoms before - like the WiFi radio has given up the ghost.

I'm betting that if you went to "Setting" -> "General" -> "About" you'll see no address listed for the WiFi radio there.

if so the radio has kicked the bucket and AFAIK it's part of the mainboard - so there is no route to resurrection really... It's live with it that way or get a replacement phone. Sorry.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2016 12:17 AM in response to iCloudUser1000

Have a certified tech have a look at it...

But it sounds to me - I've seem similar symptoms before - like the WiFi radio has given up the ghost.

I'm betting that if you went to "Setting" -> "General" -> "About" you'll see no address listed for the WiFi radio there.

if so the radio has kicked the bucket and AFAIK it's part of the mainboard - so there is no route to resurrection really... It's live with it that way or get a replacement phone. Sorry.

My iPhone 4S has been having Wi-Fi issues and now I can't enable Wi-Fi anymore. Please help me fix this!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.