Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano constantly resetting

I updated my ipod nano last weekend & since I have been having issues with it constantly resetting itself. I have tried reloading everything & it hasn't helped

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:26 PM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2016 2:25 AM in response to stu351

Is this a recently purchased iPod? If doing a Restore does not resolve the issue, it is likely to be related to a hardware issue of some type. For example, it may have an internal short-circuit that sometimes manifests, causing the iPod to reset.

If it's less than one-year since purchase, you should have it looked at under warranty. If there's an Apple Store nearby, you can make a reservation with the store's Genius Bar (tech support staff) at the store's web page.

https://www.apple.com/retail/

Even if it's not under warranty, you can still take it to the Genius Bar to see if they have a solution that does not involve repair or replacement.

If there is no Apple Store nearby, use this web page to contact the official Apple customer support

https://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Feb 21, 2016 12:25 AM in response to stu351

The good test for a battery is how long it lasts when playing an iPod continuously, after being disconnected from a full charge. Just let the iPod play unattended and see how long it takes for the iPod to stop playing due to no power. The other test is if it can hold a charge, after being disconnected, when it is not being used; disconnect from power and let the iPod sit without playing it. Does it still have a strong charge the next day?

A battery that has failed simply does not hold a charge very long after being disconnected from power. It the battery is holding its charge, it will not cause the iPod to reset.

Feb 21, 2016 8:44 AM in response to stu351

So it's not "constantly resetting," which to me indicated that the iPod was randomly doing a reset while you used it. It only does this when you disconnect it from power? If so, it may be related in some way to the battery.

The first thing to check is a faulty USB docking cable. If you have another one, try using it to see if the same thing happens when you disconnect it from power.

If you have ruled out faulty USB docking cable as the cause, I would do a Restore again. I don't know how you did it previously, but initiate it from the Restore button on the iPod's Summary settings screen in iTunes.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

You said this made it work properly immediately after the Restore. See if it continues to work properly this time.

ipod nano constantly resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.