Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

I have been trying to download a movie and I have gotten the notification that its status is "waiting" I've been waiting for half an hour how can I fix this

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:39 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 4:49 PM in response to Webach

Did you buy the movie? If you purchased the movie, rather than rented, you can download the movie again if you delete it or if the download failed.

I would try in this order ....

Tap Downloads in the lower right corner of the iTunes app and in the next screen you will see the progress that has transpired. If any progress has been made, see if you can pause and tap again to resume.

If that's not possible, go to Settings>WiFi>Off. Close the iTunes app and force restart the device.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the iTunes app. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Go back to Settings>WiFi>On. Let the device connect to your network again, go back to iTunes and try downloading the movie again. Look in the purchased tab of the app, tap on Movies at the top, then tap Not on this iPad and you should see the movie. Tap on the movie and you should see the movie description in a pop up window. Tap on the cloud download icon to resume the download.

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.