Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have excluded all items for my timemachine yet my backup is over a 100gb?

Hello,

I have a small 64gb USB stick permanently installed in my laptop and want to use it to backup my documents, but I cant seem to do so.

after excluding all items from the "all my files" folder yet i cant seem to get the backup size to be lower than 100gb. I also have parallel installed. Does that make the difference? Am I missing certain things? Any help will be appreciated thank you

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:36 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2016 8:04 PM in response to John 369

Time Machine is designed to back up everything; as well, it will make one complete backup first and then back up incrementally. Also, if you do not have it plugged in, on a laptop Mac OS will take "snapshots" - quick backups which will be transferred to the TM when plugged in later.

So, I have a question: since you said you just want to back up your documents, why not simply drag and drop those over to the little drive?

I have excluded all items for my timemachine yet my backup is over a 100gb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.