Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

right side of touch screen not working

hi apple , i dropped my iPhone 5c not long ago and when i went to answer a text (my phone is locked with a passcode) i went to type my passcode in and the right side of my screen isn't working, i tried plugging my phone into my computer but it won't let my access it from there because its locked and i cant get into it, is there a way to fix this? i can't loose anything on my phone because have extremely important stuff on it and its not fully backed up to this date.

thank you

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 5:28 PM

This is very likely to just be a screen problem which will be solved with screen replacement. Assuming you are out of warranty and don't have Applecare Plus.....Your option at Apple is a screen swap for $129---make sure you call ahead and confirm that your Apple Store does in house screen replacements, many do not. Apple does offer a mail-in screen replacement service.

Your option with independent repair would be similar---find a well reviewed local shop that offers a warranty of at least 3 months on the repair, ideally 6 months or lifetime. Cost now would be about $75-$110 for a 5 series phone. Don't pick a shop based on price because the aftermarket screens vary in quality quite a bit. Find a shop that uses original quality parts and is backed by the best warranty.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 5:28 PM in response to yarragrange

This is very likely to just be a screen problem which will be solved with screen replacement. Assuming you are out of warranty and don't have Applecare Plus.....Your option at Apple is a screen swap for $129---make sure you call ahead and confirm that your Apple Store does in house screen replacements, many do not. Apple does offer a mail-in screen replacement service.

Your option with independent repair would be similar---find a well reviewed local shop that offers a warranty of at least 3 months on the repair, ideally 6 months or lifetime. Cost now would be about $75-$110 for a 5 series phone. Don't pick a shop based on price because the aftermarket screens vary in quality quite a bit. Find a shop that uses original quality parts and is backed by the best warranty.

right side of touch screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.