Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import music on cd to itunes

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro that doesn't have a CD slot. I have a CD with music on it that I'd like to put in iTunes and then on my iPhone. Is this possible? I did get it into my iTunes account using my 2009 Macbook Pro that does have the slot, but that computer doesn't recognize any of my music even though I was signed into my iTunes account. Then my same iTunes account on my new computer doesn't have the CD music in it that I imported on the old computer to the same account. I'm confused!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 12:01 PM

That makes two of us ! for gettting the CD with music into iTunes on a MacBook Pro that doesn't have a CD slot, you' have to use a computer with a CD slot and a thumb drive. Put the CD in the drive, it'll show up on the right hand side of your computer's screen, then plug in the thumb drive. Double click on the CD to open it and there you'll see a few music tracks. double click on the thumb drive to open it, and now drag the tracks you want from the open CD to the open thumb drive. You should see a sign that says "Now Copying". when it is done you should see a number of music tracks on the thumb drive. You can now close the CD (or eject it) and then eject the thumb driver properly by dragging it to the Trash. Do Not just pull it out of the socket it's plugged into, just eject it, and when it disappears from your screen then you can unplug it and plug it into your 2014 MacBook Pro. You need to also find your old iTunes library on your newer MacBook Pro. ( I got this from Apple)/./// Quit iTunes...Go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files. from the menu bar at the top of your scrren choose go>Home, open the Music folder, then open the iTunes folder. Drag the iTunes Libary itl file to your Desktop. in the iTunes folder, open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder. Find the file named iTunes Library XXXX-YYY-ZZ where XXXX-YYY-ZZ is the date you updated iTunes. Copy this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder), Rename it iTunes Library, and open iTunes. you should now see your missing content. Please note: any changes you made, such as new added songs or new created playlists might be missing

good luck to you

John b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 12:01 PM in response to RPbySC

That makes two of us ! for gettting the CD with music into iTunes on a MacBook Pro that doesn't have a CD slot, you' have to use a computer with a CD slot and a thumb drive. Put the CD in the drive, it'll show up on the right hand side of your computer's screen, then plug in the thumb drive. Double click on the CD to open it and there you'll see a few music tracks. double click on the thumb drive to open it, and now drag the tracks you want from the open CD to the open thumb drive. You should see a sign that says "Now Copying". when it is done you should see a number of music tracks on the thumb drive. You can now close the CD (or eject it) and then eject the thumb driver properly by dragging it to the Trash. Do Not just pull it out of the socket it's plugged into, just eject it, and when it disappears from your screen then you can unplug it and plug it into your 2014 MacBook Pro. You need to also find your old iTunes library on your newer MacBook Pro. ( I got this from Apple)/./// Quit iTunes...Go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files. from the menu bar at the top of your scrren choose go>Home, open the Music folder, then open the iTunes folder. Drag the iTunes Libary itl file to your Desktop. in the iTunes folder, open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder. Find the file named iTunes Library XXXX-YYY-ZZ where XXXX-YYY-ZZ is the date you updated iTunes. Copy this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder), Rename it iTunes Library, and open iTunes. you should now see your missing content. Please note: any changes you made, such as new added songs or new created playlists might be missing

good luck to you

John b

Feb 13, 2016 12:01 PM in response to Johnb-one

Thanks so much, John B. Your information really helped, but I couldn't find the most recent iTunes file in the folder (it wasn't there). So what I did was, after putting the album on the flash drive and then on my new computer, I just opened each song in iTunes. I was then able to put them all in a playlist and put it on my iPhone. Trial and error at that point, but it worked. I really appreciate your help. I will print it all out in case I run into something else like this again.

import music on cd to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.