Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 53?

So basically I didn't know about error 53 until my iphone got stuck on the apple logo. I already tried everything, contacted apple they said they couldn't do anything about it, the only thing would be to pay the 749 to repair it which I would rather pay off what's left of my phone than just paid that expensive amount. I know this error it's for the people that had their iphone fixed by a third party before, the thing is my iphone 6s+ was never took to a third party before, so has anyone has the same error as me?. I tried everything at all, first able the iphone showed me the apple logo + flickering screen, now it's the apple logo + the itunes message. I updated it a few weeks ago. So overall has anyone got this error after the latest (9.2.1) update?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:14 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2016 8:50 PM in response to Azm56

What Philly said. if your phone has never been opened before, but you're stuck with error 53, it seems like a warranty problem to me. Most of Apple (and the general public) seem to think error 53 means a third party repair has been done and it doesn't. It simply means the logic board has lost communication with the original home button. If your phone hasn't been opened, then something has caused a failure of the logic board to see the Touch ID. Since it's a 6S, I'd make a stink until they give you a new one under a warranty swap.

Error 53?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.