Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate entries in My Podcasts

Two to three years ago, I was actively downloading podcasts via iTunes on my computer and syncing them with my iPhone 4S. Along the way, there was a glitch with my Podcasts app on my iPhone and I stopped downloading podcasts. I completely neglected the 'My Podcasts' section of my iTunes.

Recently, I switched to an iPhone 6s and decided to start listening to those podcasts again, since the new Podcasts app was working. However, the 'My Podcasts' section was in disarray and my usual subscribed podcasts were unsubscribed. Long story short, I subscribed to them again through iTunes store.

This was when I noticed there was a duplicate listing in iTunes. An example:

User uploaded file

The podcast 'Welcome to Night Vale' has two entries within the list. I've tried deleting the 'wrong' one but there seems to be no such option to do so. Anyone has any idea regarding this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:14 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 7:06 AM in response to singzeon

This can happen when a podcast changes the feed URL. I've managed to merge series before by tweaking the tags of all older episodes with an external editor, and then getting iTunes to notice that the tags have changed. Unfortunately it isn't easy. If all the old episodes are available on the current feed you may be able to delete and redownload.

tt2

Duplicate entries in My Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.