Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Police Ukash Virus

I have taken multiple steps to be rid of it, and it works until i visit a certain website one i have been too before but not where i got the virus from. is my Iphone safe as long as i avoid that website. I know it asks you for money but are my details at risk. I have installed content blocker and i am able to to load the website. just another page opens and states there was an error or something along those lines. then i delete the page and continue along my way. Can I ignore this and assume its all ok now?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:23 AM

There are no known viruses you can have on the iPhone due to the way the software is sandboxed. So, to answer your question, you can assume all is ok except for this pop-up. Most of these things appear taking advantage of pop-up availability, javascript, and cookies.

1) Make sure you use Safari. If you choose to use a 3rd party browser, you will need to contact them for tips on preventing these issues.

2) Go to Settings > Safari. Block Pop-ups. Block Cookies. Clear History and Website Data. Advanced > Turn off Javascript.

Now as you start to surf the web again, you may notice some sites requires some of these details like cookies or java. You can re-enable them as needed, but the more of these you can have off or restricted, like the cookies settings, the better your experience will be in the future. Only turn on what you need on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 8:23 AM in response to Joshw137

There are no known viruses you can have on the iPhone due to the way the software is sandboxed. So, to answer your question, you can assume all is ok except for this pop-up. Most of these things appear taking advantage of pop-up availability, javascript, and cookies.

1) Make sure you use Safari. If you choose to use a 3rd party browser, you will need to contact them for tips on preventing these issues.

2) Go to Settings > Safari. Block Pop-ups. Block Cookies. Clear History and Website Data. Advanced > Turn off Javascript.

Now as you start to surf the web again, you may notice some sites requires some of these details like cookies or java. You can re-enable them as needed, but the more of these you can have off or restricted, like the cookies settings, the better your experience will be in the future. Only turn on what you need on.

Police Ukash Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.