Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get more space to install el capitan?

I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to get more space so I could install 'el capitan', could you please help me?

iMac, 10.6.8

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 7:26 PM in response to ara79

ara79,

This is usually very easy to do. Most users tend to put a lot of media (music, photos and movies) on their computer. Simply get an External Hard Disk and then copy and paste your photo library, music library and movie library to the External Hard Disk. Once copied over, all you need to do is double click on each and this will launch the correct application (iTunes, iPhoto, etc..) this will also tell the app where the library has been moved to. Then it's a simple matter of delete the libraries from the original source and emptying the Trash.

how do i get more space to install el capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.