Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Going crazy: AMD-Action:authenticate:SP

I can't log into the Mac App store. I've recently upgrade to the "free" El Capitan (which is costing me a lot of time figuring out problems like this... and Photos...etc)

From what I've read here, the problem is situated around a /Users/Shared/ directory?

I have my OS installed on a separate Thunderbolt drive: OS_APPS_HD

I have all my other data on a separate hard drive, in my case "phrankHD".

If I ls in /, I get:

Users -> /Volumes/phrankHD/Users

So I have, not NONE, but TWO of these, seemingly very important, Users/Shared directories.

/Volumes/OS_APPS_HD/Users/Shared/ (which I think I'm not using at all, but the time stamps seem a bit sus)

and

/Volumes/phrankHD/Users/Shared which is where I go if I go to /Users/Shared.

Now... what the heck do I do from here?

Keep in mind, I'm trying to log into the Mac App store to attempt to get a updated copy of Aperture - that "Pro" app that Apple abandoned and I have to dig my library out of.

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:51 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2016 7:57 PM in response to blewis_13

After some "ls" compares, I suppose I only have ONE /Users/Shared directory. I'm getting confused by the /Volumes bit, but I think the two */Users/Shared directories I have above are the same.

Yes, I've signed out of iTunes, my iPhone, etc... rebooted, logged out, cursed, pulled hair. Nothing is working.

Other note, the Mac App Store is defaulting to my iCloud user id, and not my App store id (I made the mistake of buying Apple web products in the past and now have a dual ID life with them - another headache). Could that have anything to do with it? (Their web tools and hosting was another abandoned product that left me high and dry)

Feb 15, 2016 9:01 PM in response to blewis_13

I don't know if this would be helpful to anyone having the same issue, but I stumbled upon a fix that was quite simple (for me).

Rather than doing any of the symlink edits, I simply went to:

System Preferences

Users and Groups

Clicked on the 'padlock' lower left, entered my password

Scrolled up to my user name at the top (I'm an admin if that helps)

Right Clicked

Selected 'Advanced Options'

Went down to 'Apple ID' and entered my credentials there

Closed out of everything, restarted my system, and problem solved!

The very next time I went to the App store and entered my Apple ID, all of my prior purchases were there for download.

Hope this helps.

Going crazy: AMD-Action:authenticate:SP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.