Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid files to GarageBand on iPad?

Hi All

I acquired some .mid files from a friend.

I can drag them into GarageBand for iMac and adjust them to my hearts content. Fantastic!!! https://youtu.be/Sj-fwOdivVk

Is there anyway I can do the same on my iPad (iOS 9.2)? I tried emailing the Mid file to myself, opening in mail on my iPad but it won't.

I tried file sharing, the converted file from my iMac, but it that didn't work either.

User uploaded file

Thank you 😕

iPad Air, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:11 PM

I don't think you can open a midi file in GarageBand iOS yet. Share the midi-track in GarageBand as an audio file to iTunes and open it on your iPad.

Or play the midi file and record it using the Music memo.app. The way you can have Music Memo analyze the audio and create a car file with smart instruments as accompaniment. You can ion this memo in GarageBand o the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 3:11 PM in response to Wood Stock

I don't think you can open a midi file in GarageBand iOS yet. Share the midi-track in GarageBand as an audio file to iTunes and open it on your iPad.

Or play the midi file and record it using the Music memo.app. The way you can have Music Memo analyze the audio and create a car file with smart instruments as accompaniment. You can ion this memo in GarageBand o the iPad.

Mid files to GarageBand on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.