Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I charge my iPad using a voltage converter and a 50 Hertz outlet as in Europe?

IF I want to charge my iPad in a foreign country with 230 volts AC and 50 hertz can I do it with a voltage converter (to 115v) and still using 50 hertz instead of 60 hertz? Will that work ok with no damage to the iPad?

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:45 PM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2016 7:19 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks to both for info including the kit that Apple makes for overseas outlets, etc. I STILL would like my very specific question answered. IF I were to still use a voltage converter(down to 115v from 230v) along with a plug adapter (which I do have already), and plug my power adapter into the voltage converter, would the iPad power adapter still do the right thing under THOSE conditions even though the frequency was 50 Hertz rather than 60 Hertz???

Thanks.

Feb 14, 2016 11:13 AM in response to Goldblattp

No way to know. Voltage converters do not provide true DC output nor true AC sine waves. It it's an expensive, high-end converter guaranteed to charge Apple devices, then it's OK. Otherwise, why not use the charger that came with it? It will do the job because it works on 230 V, 50 hz AC power as well as 115, 60 hz AC.

Can I charge my iPad using a voltage converter and a 50 Hertz outlet as in Europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.