Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i can't download or update apps over 3G?

from last few days I am facing this problem. I always use 3G net to update or download apps but now i can't download app or update. Usually on more than 100Mb file it says use wifi but now less than 100mb files are not downloading. I reset my phone but now facing same issue on wifi i can update or download but over 3G i can't

PLease tell me some solution

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:26 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2016 9:29 PM in response to asad khursheed

Hi,

If I'm right, it sounds like you're trying to use 3G to update or download apps, but now you can't download apps or update apps while on 3G. I have an iPhone too, and I would not like it I wasn't able to update or download my apps or even important files. No worries though! We'll try our best to work through this, all right? Without further ado, Let's try these steps:

• If you're trying to update or installs apps over the internet, make sure you're connected to a network.

Open Settings > Go to Wi-Fi > And verify you're connected to a network.

• If you're trying to update or install apps over 3G, make sure cellular data is enabled.

Open Settings > Go to General > Switch "Cellular Data" to on.

Make sure you're running the latest iOS Version:

• Open Settings > Go to General > Go to Software Update.
    • If you're running the latest iOS version, you'll get a message saying "Your software is up to date."

If the previous step didn't help, try the next step:

Reset Network Settings

• Open Settings > Go to General > Tap Reset > Tap Reset Network Settings.
    • If prompted enter your passcode, then follow the on screen instructions.

Best regards,

John

Feb 16, 2016 1:06 AM in response to asad khursheed

Hi,

If the previous steps above didn't help, let's try these steps next:

• Open Settings > Tap on Cellular > Turn Cellular Data off

After this step, don't turn it back on yet.

• Restart your iOS device:
    • Press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button
    • Drag the slider to power off your device completely.
    • Once the device is off, press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
  • Open Settings > Tap on Cellular > Turn Cellular Data back on.

If you're still having problems,

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• Then restart your iOS device.

If those steps didn't work try the next step:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

• After restoring your iOS device to factory settings, and you're still having problems contact your carrier.

I hope this helps,

John

Why i can't download or update apps over 3G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.