Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble setting up exchange account on iPhone 6s

Recently upgraded to an iPhone 6.

Made multiple attempts to set up exchange email account with proper server settings and credentials.

The screen goes to "verifying" and spins indefinitely.

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 9:35 PM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2016 9:04 AM in response to ManSinha

Contacted Company IT dept., again... Suggestion was to continue attempting the set up and maybe it would eventually go through...

Also had a chat session with Apple over the weekend. They had me reset server connections and try again.

When that failed they referred me back to Company IT also.

Company says there are no issues on their end and of course it could never be an Apple issue when talking to their support techs.....

Neither party can explain how attempting to set up a new iPhone could distort my account settings on both my iPad and laptop which is a Dell, not even an Apple product. And now, the only device I can get Company email on is the laptop. Nothing changed on the iPad other than a software update.

Should have switched back to Android...

Feb 15, 2016 11:20 AM in response to CivilExc

Sorry about the trouble you are having and also my apologies if this is overly simplistic

But one needs from IT:

1. Their mobile email secure server name - something like m.companyworks.com

2. Your network user name and password that you use to log in at work

3. The name of an app that the company uses to enforce their policies - Mobile Iron is the one used most often that I have seen - free download from the app store

Once you have all of these - fire up the Mobile Iron and enter the server name and then sign in with your user name and password

Considering your difficulties especially with the Dell - it would seem that your roaming profile at work needs to be tweaked or adjusted since somehow the settings on that may have changed to have you experiencing the issues you write about

Feb 16, 2016 5:04 AM in response to CivilExc

This has nothing to do with your phone....To connect to Exchange, your iPhone uses Exchange ActiveSync protocol, just like all other mobile devices...Android and Windows Phone. So the bottom line is your IT folks need to be more proactive in providing you with all the correct settings you need to enter. And don't tell me that you're the only iPhone user in your company that has their exchange account setup on their phone. Contact them and compare settings.

Having trouble setting up exchange account on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.