Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asking me to key in a password for an unknown Apple ID

I just restored my iPhone 6+ from my iCloud backup and after the Hello screen and some more, it asked me to key in my password for an Apple ID for store purchase. Then after a few steps further, it asked me the same thing again but this time the Apple ID does not belong to me or anyone else that I know of (see attached screenshot)

This iPhone was bought from Apple Online store. Never jailbroken and never went in for any repairs, etc. So all these while I am the only person using it.

I googled the email address for that Apple ID - ******** and it seems some guy from some Dutch forum has experienced the same thing and with this same Apple ID email address. Really weird

I was able to restored everything OK and I check my Itunes and App Store account and they are correct with my own Apple ID. So all is okay except it is still asking me to Enter the password for your apple ID" when I am already signed in with my correct Apple ID (see black screenshot)

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 10:30 PM

1 reply

iPhone asking me to key in a password for an unknown Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.