Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts issue

when I open my mail on my iPad, iPhone 6, macbook Pro, and my iMac desktop... The sender of the email may or may not be who the mail is really from.

For instance, I may get an email from Frank Smith, but if I click and open it - it is actually from Debbie Jones. The subject lines are always right and the body of the emails are fine...it is only the senders addresses that are wonky. It's completely random and lots of times the sender line is correct, but many times it is not.

IVe vey rebuilt the mailboxes but nothing seems to fix this. I suspect it is a "contacts" issue but I have no idea how to fix it? Any ideas?

iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 10:45 PM

Finally got this problem resolved. My iCloud contacts had some corrupted files. It required me to go through all my contacts and delete the corrupted files. There is a specific way to do this. You have to turn off icloud contacts on all devices using those contacts. Go to iCloud.com, sign in and go through all your contacts and delete the corrupted files. Turn iCloud contacts back on in your devices.

IT was tough for me because we have 9 devices on this iCloud account using 1500 contact files. But after going through them all and deleting corrupted files, it works fine.

thanks to Apple support team.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 10:45 PM in response to Pelicanh

Finally got this problem resolved. My iCloud contacts had some corrupted files. It required me to go through all my contacts and delete the corrupted files. There is a specific way to do this. You have to turn off icloud contacts on all devices using those contacts. Go to iCloud.com, sign in and go through all your contacts and delete the corrupted files. Turn iCloud contacts back on in your devices.

IT was tough for me because we have 9 devices on this iCloud account using 1500 contact files. But after going through them all and deleting corrupted files, it works fine.

thanks to Apple support team.

Contacts issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.