Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard time lag

Does anyone know a way to fix a perceivable and frustrating keyboard time lag in iPad model 1416 running IOS 9.2.1? A while ago typing in this iPad used to be very enjoyable as it occurred without any noticeable time lag between the key strokes and the characters appearing on the screen. Now, the typed characters don't show up immediately and sometimes they even buffer for about 1 second (or even more) to eventually appearing on the screen, altogether. I tried all methods I could find in the internet (even doing: General > Reset > Reset All Settings).

Sorry for being suspicious, but is it somehow a way of Apple being gently pushing customers with old iPad models (like this one) to be replaced by new models?

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 6:19 AM in response to JoseFornari

JoseFornari wrote:

Sorry for being suspicious, but is it somehow a way of Apple being gently pushing customers with old iPad models (like this one) to be replaced by new models?

I don't think so. Many iPad 2 users have had great success with iOS 9.2.1. Maybe you have an app that conflicts in some way with the way that the keyboard works. Have you tried backing up, restoring the iOS using iTunes and then restore the backup? Or restore as new?

iPad keyboard time lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.