Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make the old ipad 1 to work (to join wifi network?)

Hi,All , I got the ipad from my brother, I found it couldn't join the wifi network (my AP model is TP-link's TL-WR740N), I googled an post saying

"unchecking the WMM option in Wifi Advanced setting section of AP's Wifi Setting ", but with no luck ; I also setup a AP spot with my phone (a HUAWEI P7),

both with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK password encryption enabled. and all failed to join the wifi network . finally I disabled the security of P7's AP without any password, and it's disappointed to find out ipad 1 still can not join the network. what's the problem with the wifi of my Ipad, does IPAD 1's wifi module stop working? if Yes, why I can still turn on and off the wifi switch and still can find that signal is ok ? Downgrade ios 5.1.1 to 5.1 or 5.0.1 seems impossible, because previouly my brother did save the SHSH info. Any help would be greatly appreciated . (also pls forgive the grammar errors of the post, I'm from China)

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:01 AM

3 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.