Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't verify your address. State and Zip code don't pair.

Hello, I have an iPad air on iOS 9.2. Yesterday I tried downloading an app. I got a message asking to verify my payment method. "Before you can make purchases you must tap 'continue' to verify my payment info." I pressed continue, I'm 17 years old and do not have a credit card. I use iTunes cards for whenever I need to buy an app. So as it was selected before, my payment method is 'none'. The next message I got after I pressed 'done' on the info window was the zip code and state one. They couldn't be paired. I bought my iPad two years ago and I live in Iraq. I haven't moved or anything. Out of nowhere I'm now unable to download anything and unable to change my settings. The address settings were already set when I bought my device, they haven't changed. I tried changing them but I couldn't because I have to spend my remaining credit in oder to change stores, and I can't spend it because I'm unable to download anything at all. I do not know what to do and could really use some help. Thanks for your time.

iPad Air, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 10:30 PM

There isn't currently an iTunes store in Iraq, so you must have selected a different country to put on your account, which is not allowed by the store's terms (terms that you agreed to), you have to be in a country to use its store. Until if/when Apple open an iTunes store there, or you move to a country that has an iTunes store, you won't be able to download any iTunes content.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 10:30 PM in response to abc3ish

There isn't currently an iTunes store in Iraq, so you must have selected a different country to put on your account, which is not allowed by the store's terms (terms that you agreed to), you have to be in a country to use its store. Until if/when Apple open an iTunes store there, or you move to a country that has an iTunes store, you won't be able to download any iTunes content.

Feb 15, 2016 1:27 PM in response to King_Penguin

I don't think I personally violated any terms of agreement. A shop authorised by Apple Inc. is selling US apple store accounts to people living in Iraq. This comes with the device, the customer doesn't personally input their information; it is preset by a generator (judging by the adresses which are for example 'dccxcuff'). If Apple didn't know about this (which I'm sure they did) then they do know now. Something odd is that it has worked fine for two years, what's the sudden change for? Or is this another one of Apple's schemes to make us renew our devices..

Couldn't verify your address. State and Zip code don't pair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.