Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I stop Pages 5.6.1 from selecting the invisible when I change the text to bold, italic etc. on a new line

This is starting to bug me quite a lot and I haven't found anything online that will solve this problem.

Let's say I am editing a file.

User uploaded file

Now I say "Oh, I need to put a bold text two lines after the second "Cogito ergo sum"" - so I go to that line and press Cmd+B (shortcut for Bold) and this happens:

User uploaded file
It selects the invisible! Now let's say I write on it

User uploaded file

it unselects the bold! What's the point of this?! This makes me press the shortcut and then I have to press the left arrow. As you may understand this is frustrating because it is a loss of 4 seconds every time I want to change the style of the last line. And for someone who is editing a whole document, it is VERY frustrating.

Anyone can help me?
I hope this is a clear description of the problem 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 4:14 AM

When you are using the keyboard text attribute shortcuts, it is a good idea to show invisibles, so you know where to single-click to place your insertion point — before you select the keyboard shortcut. If you are going to use these shortcuts, you need to adapt to the Pages way of doing things, and not try to make it function like MS Word.

When you select the paragraph marks, any subsequent keystroke will remove them, right along with your sense of humor.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 4:14 AM in response to dalondontyper

When you are using the keyboard text attribute shortcuts, it is a good idea to show invisibles, so you know where to single-click to place your insertion point — before you select the keyboard shortcut. If you are going to use these shortcuts, you need to adapt to the Pages way of doing things, and not try to make it function like MS Word.

When you select the paragraph marks, any subsequent keystroke will remove them, right along with your sense of humor.

how can I stop Pages 5.6.1 from selecting the invisible when I change the text to bold, italic etc. on a new line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.