Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help copying individual photos from Photo Library to new folders

I want to organise my photos and clear up some space on my Mac by deleting some photos too.

At the moment in the Pictures folder I have a series of around 40 folders I created into which I organised old photos I used to have on a pc. Then there's a 12GB iPhoto Library, which when I select it says the photos have been migrated to Photo Library. Photo Library is 8GB and has copies of all my photos from my iphone.

What I'd like to do is copy photos from the Photo Library into new, individual folders that I create and store in the Pictures folder (e.g. Christmas, Holiday, House Renovations, etc.) so that I can easily go to a specific folder to find a photo or copy it to a USB. I don't like having all my photos in just the one "Photo Library". How did I achieve this as I can't seem to copy individual photos or drag/drop?

Cheers

iMac

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:40 AM

. I don't like having all my photos in just the one "Photo Library". How did I achieve this as I can't seem to copy individual photos or drag/drop?

Export the selected photos to folders.

• Select a group of photos.
  • Go to the file menu and use File > Export < Export ... photos.
  • In the export panel select the size and JPEG quality for the exported photos.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 5:40 AM in response to Porkpie74

. I don't like having all my photos in just the one "Photo Library". How did I achieve this as I can't seem to copy individual photos or drag/drop?

Export the selected photos to folders.

• Select a group of photos.
  • Go to the file menu and use File > Export < Export ... photos.
  • In the export panel select the size and JPEG quality for the exported photos.

Help copying individual photos from Photo Library to new folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.