Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem adding Yahoo talk21.com mail account

Hi, I have used a talk21.com mail address for 20 years. It has always worked with my Macs (several over 20+ years) until yesterday. Yesterday I had a problem with my account and had to reset password, security etc. Managed that via Bt/Yahoo webmail and on my OS devices. Could not get the change to be accepted on my iMac. So I cleared the account with the intention of establishing it from scratch. I noticed that under this latest operating system setting up a new mail account is simpler or more accurately it is automated. I follow the instructions it appears and then just disappears after a few seconds, I have checked the tick box to stay logged in. But I do get an e-mail to tell me I have logged in under OS, I'm bemused 😕

Any help would be very much appreciated. The talk21.com brand is one of those that has been bounced around by BT, from BT to Yahoo and then it was supposed to move back to BT, I went through a day of pain when it was supposed to be migrated back to BT and attached to my Broadband account, now BT are showing it as a BT Yahoo Mail Account. BT customer service, I gave up!

Thanks Kathy

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 4 GHz i7 32GB

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 4:14 AM in response to Kathy42

I picked up something on another post on another site which put me on the right road. Just for anyone else BT Yahoo appears to have a problem if you change the password on the account on several devices at the same time. I should have turned off my iMac while changing passwords, I forgot 😝, so it appears I was locked out from accessing the account for a time and it would not take the changes. Thankfully the change I tried to make yesterday has now worked. However the setup on OS and iOS is different in that in iOS I had to revert to going in via Yahoo rather than BT. I might try the BT route on iOS again sometime but as I'm now getting mail everywhere I need it I loath to mess about.

problem adding Yahoo talk21.com mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.