Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sinc musics from iTunes or Apple Music to my iPod Shuffle.

I can't sync any music from iTunes or Apple Music to my iPod Shuffle... I created a playlist, downloaded albums and nothing.

What can I do to sinc?

Thanks,

Rafael Maia

iPod shuffle, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:39 AM

You cannot sync downloaded songs from the Apple Music subscription streaming service to an iPod shuffle. Those songs are subscribed, not owned. The only iPod that can use Apple Music is iPod touch (because it has an Internet connection over Wi-Fi).

You CAN sync songs that you own from your iTunes library to any iPod. But it won't just happen automatically, because you created playlists or downloaded songs. The iPod must be set up to automatically sync your complete iTunes library (if it's small enough to fit) or a portion of it that you select.

Or you can load the iPod manually. First, select shuffle in iTunes (click its device button on horizontal bar) so that you see its settings screen in iTunes window. Along left side (in the sidebar), under Settings, click Summary (probably selected already). To the right, the shuffle's main settings are shown. Find the checkbox for Manually manage music. If it's not already checked, checkmark it and click Apply. (Your shuffle may be set this way already.)

Manually load songs - This is the most common way to load specific songs. Show your iTunes music library in iTunes window (click Music button at left end of horizontal bar). Near middle of horizontal bar, click Playlists. A sidebar appears along left side of window, with your shuffle listed under Devices. You can view your music library as desired using the control at right end of horizontal bar (I like using the Songs view to show a plain song list). From your song list, click-hold-drag a song to the sidebar and drop it on your shuffle. You can do this with more than one song selected at a time. Alternately, instead of dragging/dropping, right-click selection and Add to Playlist -> [name of shuffle].

Other ways to load songs on shuffle...

Use Autofill - To quickly fill the shuffle completely, you can use Autofill. Select shuffle in iTunes to show its settings screen. In the sidebar, under On My Device, click Music. To the right, the songs currently on shuffle are shown (if any).

SIDE NOTE: To manually remove songs from shuffle, on this list, select song you want to remove and press Delete on keyboard. Song is removed from shuffle (not from your library). You can do this with more than one song selected.

At the bottom of shuffle's song list, the controls for Autofill are shown. Next to Autofill button, click Settings. Checkmark the boxes for Replace songs when Autofilling AND Choose items randomly, and OK. Over to the left, set it to Autofill from: Music. When you click Autofill button, iTunes puts a randomly selected set of songs from your iTunes music library on the shuffle, to fill it completely (if there are enough songs in iTunes library). Each time you do this, you get a new random set of songs. You can also set it to Autofill from one of your playlists.

Use automatic syncing - iTunes keeps shuffle "in sync" with a selected portion of your iTunes library. For example, iTunes syncs one or more playlists (in your iTunes library) with the shuffle, each time you connect it; iTunes updates the shuffle with changes you make to those playlists. If you want more details about this method, please post back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 5:39 AM in response to raelmaia

You cannot sync downloaded songs from the Apple Music subscription streaming service to an iPod shuffle. Those songs are subscribed, not owned. The only iPod that can use Apple Music is iPod touch (because it has an Internet connection over Wi-Fi).

You CAN sync songs that you own from your iTunes library to any iPod. But it won't just happen automatically, because you created playlists or downloaded songs. The iPod must be set up to automatically sync your complete iTunes library (if it's small enough to fit) or a portion of it that you select.

Or you can load the iPod manually. First, select shuffle in iTunes (click its device button on horizontal bar) so that you see its settings screen in iTunes window. Along left side (in the sidebar), under Settings, click Summary (probably selected already). To the right, the shuffle's main settings are shown. Find the checkbox for Manually manage music. If it's not already checked, checkmark it and click Apply. (Your shuffle may be set this way already.)

Manually load songs - This is the most common way to load specific songs. Show your iTunes music library in iTunes window (click Music button at left end of horizontal bar). Near middle of horizontal bar, click Playlists. A sidebar appears along left side of window, with your shuffle listed under Devices. You can view your music library as desired using the control at right end of horizontal bar (I like using the Songs view to show a plain song list). From your song list, click-hold-drag a song to the sidebar and drop it on your shuffle. You can do this with more than one song selected at a time. Alternately, instead of dragging/dropping, right-click selection and Add to Playlist -> [name of shuffle].

Other ways to load songs on shuffle...

Use Autofill - To quickly fill the shuffle completely, you can use Autofill. Select shuffle in iTunes to show its settings screen. In the sidebar, under On My Device, click Music. To the right, the songs currently on shuffle are shown (if any).

SIDE NOTE: To manually remove songs from shuffle, on this list, select song you want to remove and press Delete on keyboard. Song is removed from shuffle (not from your library). You can do this with more than one song selected.

At the bottom of shuffle's song list, the controls for Autofill are shown. Next to Autofill button, click Settings. Checkmark the boxes for Replace songs when Autofilling AND Choose items randomly, and OK. Over to the left, set it to Autofill from: Music. When you click Autofill button, iTunes puts a randomly selected set of songs from your iTunes music library on the shuffle, to fill it completely (if there are enough songs in iTunes library). Each time you do this, you get a new random set of songs. You can also set it to Autofill from one of your playlists.

Use automatic syncing - iTunes keeps shuffle "in sync" with a selected portion of your iTunes library. For example, iTunes syncs one or more playlists (in your iTunes library) with the shuffle, each time you connect it; iTunes updates the shuffle with changes you make to those playlists. If you want more details about this method, please post back.

I can't sinc musics from iTunes or Apple Music to my iPod Shuffle.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.