Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring "Finder wants to make changes"

Moved some files from old mac to my Mac Mini. When I try to do anything with these files, deleting one for example, I get the "Finder wants to make changes. Type you password..." for every file/folder.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:27 AM

This files and folders don't recognize you as the owner. You should change their permissions attributes to allow you read&write access. Gather the files into one big folder. Then, right-click on that folder and pick "get info"

In the info window, open the little padlock underneath "sharing and permissions" Make sure that next to your name the permission says "read and write" Lastly, click the little gear-icon and choose "apply to enclosed item" Confirm the dialog and you're done. This should fix your issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 5:27 AM in response to bmahin

This files and folders don't recognize you as the owner. You should change their permissions attributes to allow you read&write access. Gather the files into one big folder. Then, right-click on that folder and pick "get info"

In the info window, open the little padlock underneath "sharing and permissions" Make sure that next to your name the permission says "read and write" Lastly, click the little gear-icon and choose "apply to enclosed item" Confirm the dialog and you're done. This should fix your issue.

Recurring "Finder wants to make changes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.