Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Australian time capsule for use in uk

I'be moved back to the UK from Australia and I own two time capsules. I can only select Australian region countries in the settings and I do not have an option to select European (UK) settings.

is there any way to reset the time capsule for use in the UK - or which region setting should I select from those available which is compatible with the U.K. ?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 4:47 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:06 AM in response to AgentMole17

is there any way to reset the time capsule for use in the UK

Sorry, but no. Apple sells different versions of their products in different parts of the world which are "regionalized". It is not possible to convert a product from one "region" to another.

The good news is that the Time Capsule will operate on 100-240 Volts and 50/60 Hz automatically, so it will work just about anywhere in the world if you have the right AC wall plug adapter or power cord for the country that you are in at the time. A voltage converter is not needed.

At this time, European countries in general do not allow the higher 5 GHz channels that your version is capable of using, so when you move to the U.K. be sure to set the Time Capsule to use one of the lower 5 GHz channels......36, 40, 44, or 48.

For a lot more information than you will ever need, see this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Feb 13, 2016 11:11 AM in response to AgentMole17

Exactly as Bob has pointed out.. the Apple routers are sold in each region and are set at the factory.

If you contact me, I am in Melbourne, I can change your TC over to UK before you go.

My email is open under my profile. Or you can see it in my site here. https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modem s

It is easier if I have physical access to the TC.. but remote access to your network I should be able to work it.

Convert Australian time capsule for use in uk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.