Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Response to Click on "Get" in iTunes Store

I am in the iTunes Store. I like to listen to podcasts. I see one that I like and click on "Get". It appears that nothing happened but behind the scene the podcast IS being downloaded. But when I clicked there was no feedback. The "Get" button didn't blink, a download clock didn't start clocking, nothing. How can this be? This isn't even Human Factors 101, this is Human Factors 1. A click that was received by the system always gives the user feedback! It's so absurd that I think that I must be missing something or have some option mis-set. Thanks in advance.User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:21 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 8:11 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi there,

I realize you may have found your answer. However, this may help someone else.

Go to store in iTunes for your desired Podcast show

Click on “GET” on the far right of the episode you'd like to "get" and watch the top right corner of window for downloading progress (next to search field).

When it's done (disappears) open Finder on Mac (where all your folders are)

Click on Music folder to open it.

Inside the Music folder Open folder named> iTunes

Open folder in iTunes named> iTunes Media

Open folder in iTunes Media named> Podcasts

Open the folder with the name of the podcast show you chose to get a podcast episode from and all downloaded podcasts are stored inside that folder. You can sort by date to see the most recent on top.

I hope this helps everyone looking for a simple step-by-step answer to the question you asked.

Feb 14, 2016 12:03 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi MD_Gene,

The resource below will explain how to download podcasts. It happens very quickly because these are very small files, but in the top-right corner of your iTunes window, to the right of the search box, you will see a download icon (a black arrow pointing down) flash on and off your screen. It looks very similar to the download arrow you see in the top right corner of your screen when you are downloading files from Safari. Except in the example below the file is larger and you will see a download status bar. Give it a try!

User uploaded file

iTunes 12 for Mac: Download podcasts

Take care,

Feb 14, 2016 12:12 PM in response to judysings

Thanks. I do not see the image you showed but I just downloaded a "test" podcast and watched the top right hand corner of the screen. A downward facing arrow is there with a bead going around a circle. Some of my podcasts are pretty long so I was able to see it for several seconds.

Now why does the iTunes documentation say that one can see the download progress in the top right of the screen.

I guess I need a lot "of hand holding" on Apple for now.

Thanks again. That solved my "mystery".

Feb 14, 2016 1:35 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi MD_Gene,

I realize the icon you saw was slightly different, but at least you know where to look for it now. A two-hour podcast that I downloaded literally took a couple of seconds because of the file size. The download arrow will appear longer for music, movies, etc.

There's a lot to learn on the Mac, for sure. So take your time. I'd suggest first exploring the applications that you use the most, one topic at a time. In any application, the menu bar always ends with "Help." That will lead you to the user manual for that application.

I'll include a learning resource for iTunes for you as well as a "launching point" for resources for all of the applications that come with your Mac. You might want to add these links to your bookmarks in Safari for future reference.

Using the new iTunes

Mac Apps Support

Hope that helps ...

No Response to Click on "Get" in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.