Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i run powerpc apps on my intel based mac

I've wanted to run powermac apps for ages on my intel mac but it doesn't work, any ways i can 👿

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:38 AM

12 replies

Feb 15, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Dumbo2006

Which "powermac apps" do you need to run?

It is not paying for an "out of date os;" it is paying $20 for Snow Leopard Server to be able to continue to access Rosetta on a modern Intel Mac.

For example, Appleworks running in Snow Leopard Server installed in Parallels for use in El Capitan:

User uploaded file

[click on image to enlarge]

Installing Snow Leopard Server into Parallels for DUMMIES:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/installing-snow-leopard-and-rosetta-into-par allels-7-in-lion.1365439/page-23#post-17285039

Feb 15, 2016 11:03 AM in response to Dumbo2006

Dumbo2006 wrote:

true its not really an out of date os but i can't buy it , i just want to run powermac apps for testing and comparing to my morden intel mac running el capitan

You cannot buy it for cost reasons, or because you are in a country where Apple will not sell you Snow Leopard Server?

SLS is only $20 and you can obtain a 14 day trial version of Parallels from their website.

Feb 15, 2016 11:20 AM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87 wrote:

You cannot. That ability ceased when 10.7.x was released. You either need to upgrade or replace the PPC apps you have.

This option is not available for some PowerPC app users.

For example, many users of Freehand MX have no ability to "upgrade or replace the(ir) PPC apps."

Should they just abandon their library of graphic files that they spent many years and man-hours assembling?

how can i run powerpc apps on my intel based mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.