Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are song on my ipod that won't play or delete

I had a new battery put in my iPod Touch 4 (iOS 6..1.6). Some of my music and apps downloaded automatically over wifi when I got home. I connected my ipod to my computer and tried to transfer the remaining songs and music videos myself. Some of them transfered okay, but others look like they are on my iPod but they are listed in light gray. Those songs/videos will not play and I can't seem to delete them by swiping (it worked for the songs listed in playlists but not any from the main Song menu. Some of the songs are ones that I purchased from iTunes and others are ones in my library that I transfered from CDs that I own. All of the videos were purchased on iTunes. How do I delete the ghost songs/videos from my iPod and get them to transfer correctly from my library on my computer to my iPod.

Thanks!

Lynne

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 7:04 AM in response to lynnefromodenton

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsyncall music and resync

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

There are song on my ipod that won't play or delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.