Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is killing my iPhone 6 battery.

Hi everyone

I'm gonna describe my issue with iPhone 6 and Apple Music, and i hope at least one of you can help me.

This issue is absolutely weird, Apple Store's Genius told me my battery is perfectly working, but i'm not so sure about this.

iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1 ( got this problem since iOS 9 ).

Starting with a restored iPhone, no apple id, no iTunes store, no apple music, no security code and no touch id, battery works fine, not seeing any problems. It goes from 100% to 0% without any percentage jump.

If I turn on Apple Music, it goes ( talking about my latest experience ) from 32% strictly to 20%. from 20% it jumps down to 16%. Waiting a few minutes it turns off with 16% of battery. Trying to turning on the iPhone, i got low battery screen. Some minutes later, turning the iPhone on, it has 20% of battery, and it turns off again instantly.

Restoring the iPhone without activating Apple Music, it works fine again.

Does anyone have this issue? I tried restoring this iPhone in every way possible, including DFU and Recovery, without and with backup. Apple Store's Genius told me my battery is perfect, and also a guy of a Apple Premium Reseller authorized service.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:19 AM

1 reply

Apple Music is killing my iPhone 6 battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.