Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem uploading from iTunes to iPad Pro

Yesterday I upgraded from iPad 2 to iPad Pro. When I connected with my iMac to upload apps etc. from iTunes I got this message: The iPad "My iPad" cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes.

So I went there and apparently I don't have the system requirements for the latest version of iTunes.

My system: Mac OS X, version 10.7.5

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

My current version of iTunes is: 12.2.2.25

It has worked perfectly well when I upload stuff to my iPad 2 which has the current operating system: 9.2.1

This is the same OS that the my new iPad Pro has. Yet for some reason iPad Pro is demanding the newer iTunes version and the other iPad works with perfectly well with the iTunes version I have.

Has anyone heard of this problem and has ideas about how I can upload from my iMac to my iPad Pro.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 12:50 PM in response to Musikali

Hi, Musikali.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you are attempting to sync your new iPad Pro and receiving an alert that you need to update iTunes. In order to sync your iPad Pro with your Mac you will need Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later and iTunes 12.3 or later.

System Requirements

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access9

Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:

• Mac: OS X v10.8.5 or later
  • PC: Windows 7 or later
  • iTunes 12.3 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)

iPad Pro Specs

Depending on the hardware specifications of you Mac you may be able to upgrade to the minimum system requirements for syncing or later. Here are some resources that will walk you through the process of upgrading your Mac.

OS X Mountain Lion system requirements

OS X Mountain Lion

Upgrade to OS X El Capitan.

Please let me know if you need any addition assistance.

Cheers

Problem uploading from iTunes to iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.