Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play less frequently played

I want to play songs less frequently played on my playlists. Shuffle seems to favor songs more frequently played. I created smart playlists with features like Not Recently Played or Not Played in the Last Thirty Days but I still hear the same ones a lot and not others at all.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:57 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 11:53 AM in response to CybeRolf

If you are playing from the Smart Playlist that you created, but it's still playing the same songs a lot, then perhaps there's something wrong with your Smart playlist. It's either that, or you're not actually using the Smart Playlist to play songs.

First thing is what rules have you set for your Smart Playlist? I have one that set in just the same way as you want yours, it looks like this:

User uploaded file

In the screenshot above, I've chosen my Not Recently Played playlist (2.) and then switched it to the Songs view (3.). In that view, I'm displaying the columns (as you can see) and have the Last Played column (4.) showing in reverse date order, the arrow is pointing down. I can clearly see that songs have not been played for 600 days, the time I've set in the rules of the Playlist that you can see in the screenshot (5.).

The crucial rule of your Playlist should be Last Played is not in the last 30 days.

Can you post a screenshot of your Playlist's rules?

Play less frequently played

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.